Wednesday, September 03, 2008

IMOO Countdown - 4 days to go ...

So sitting here at about 7pm, just finished up work and ready to start packing lol !!

Dropped bike off at Phils earlier and its all built and working as it should ready for me to dismantle and pack.



Got legs waxed as well, I am sure anyone from work reading that now will have a different view on me totally, never mind.

I have checked the weather for the area and its like this at the moment ...

Saturday - Partly sunny with a 20 percent chance of rain showers. Highs in the lower 70s.
Sunday - Partly sunny with a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 70s.

Nothing will ever compete with Roth so I am not overly concerned but only taking one set of wheels means if its windy, its gonna be a bit hairy ;-)

Also my plan while I am over there is to stay on UK time, basically going to bed at 8pm local time and getting up at 3am. As I don't have time to adjust to the jetlag I am not going to bother, just stay on UK time and on race day when I have to get up at 3am to eat it won't be any different, once the race is over we can adjust for the trip to Chicago for a few days.

I just want to say thanks for all the good wishes from everyone on text, email and on the forums, I know there are a lot of other races going on this wekend, I have mates at Helvellyn, IM UK and Vitruvian, so all race well, good luck and have a good drink afterwards, I know I will. I really appreciate the support too, I think there may be a few people in Mongolia who don't know I am racing so if anyone sees them I don't think the me, me, me thread has reached far enough to cover the globe lol !!

I have put on a couple of other links on the right hand side,

The runners world one will have a few people updating from the IM site so if you can't track me, just link to that.
The live tracker will be on the Ironman Live site, commonly known as 'ironman dead', I have linked it straight to Wisconsin in case you want to follow the site. My number is 848.

I should be starting around 1pm UK time and hope to be finished by around 11pm UK time, or thereabouts.

Right, gonna go and pack, will update tomorrow when we get there, sad I know but I am looking forward to the hire car, its a Jeep Jubilee ;-) boys and toys eh ?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nick, I hope you go well. Take a walk down state st, Madison its where all the action is and there is a great sandwich shop called "Pot Bellies" the Italian is worth the trip by itself. Ohio beach, Navy Pier and the Lake front trail are must do's in Chicago. Lake front trail has a Venice beach feel. N Rush St and Delaware is good for the evening and on the edge of the Blues clubs district. If you like shopping Michigan Ave (magnificant mile) is the place to go, but could be expensive, and you do own your number 1 supporter. The loop CTA(overhead & underground railway) is a great way to get about Chicago and very cheap for a day or weekly pass. My favorite Chicago must do, is see the sun setting from the Signature lounge, in the Handcock building. Its free to get in and drinks are only a bit more expensive. If you get to Chicago and have something to celebrate try www.mikeditkaschicago.com. Finally the quickest way to Madison out of O'hare is west on the I90 to Rockford, continuing North to Madison. Lake Geneva is a nice place to try on the way back to Chicago if you have time, particularly the west end of the lake where you can easily swim. The east end has more going on and is a bit touristy. Have a good one Graham...B

Rosey said...

Graham, you are a star, cheers for all your help and advice on the location. Will try to do as much as I can in the days we are there. Looking forward to it, more I think as I have a head start, cheers.

Meldy said...

Another vote for the Hancock Tower at night, its an absolute must (they even have a lift if you cant manage the stairs)!!
There is also The Cheesecake Factory at the bottom - believe me you wont need a main course beforehand!!
Certainly take The El if you want to explore - you will need to save money if Kel finds the Golden Mile!
1pm our time sounds good, I thought you said 11? anyway will be well on our way home from the Vit by then I should imagine.

Not much more to say, obviously there will be suitable words of encouragement coming your way from the PSOF masive

Race well x

Meldy said...

ooh and get to Navy Pier and/or a river trip if you can!

Rosey said...

Cheers Meldy, just arrived and about to update, will be checking in regularly, free t'internet does that to a guy lol !;-)