Sunday, September 07, 2008

IMOO Countdown - 1 days to go ...

OK, last post before the race, checked in the bike and one of the bags but we got there at 3.01pm and they locked us out of the bike to run check in, funny really, it did say 10am - 3pm for check in but there were loads of people still milling around so I didn't rush, anyway they told us to come back in the morning, I think I might rebel and just not bother lol !

Transition area is a BIG one ......

This is from one end



and then this is the other end from the bridge over the middle



So we drove the monster today and to be honest, its tough but there are no real tough hills, there are just loads of them and they will be leg sapping after a while, Kelly decided to do the David Bailey bit while I drove.







There are 2 main areas of climbing, on the way out and on the way back ;-) ahh, whatever, its the same for everyone. I have nailed it down, get back before 371 guys in my age group and I will be fine.

Then we went for a quick stroll round, this place is seriously lovely, Wisconsin is one of the nicest places I have been to in the States and Madison has loads going on, today was the College football game with the 'Badgers', (yep, thats the Badgers !) hosting the game, at least 60,000 at a college game, the town was buzzing after they won 51-14. And there is a SoCo concert across the road for free tonight, then a small event tomorrow to wake the whole town.

And this is the state capitol.



Anyway, tomorrow is creeping up, just to say thanks for the support and I hope tomorrow brings me what I am aiming for. If I am finished by about 5pm local time you never know.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rosey,
Loving your site. Will be watching you all the way.
We will be in Hawaii!!
Stay safe, enjoy and make it quick.
Love to you both
Ma and Rog

Rosey said...

Cheers ma, fingers crossed x x

Jason Jones said...

great site mate, now i know wot u do all day at work!
Nail it buddy, bike looks mentally tough wiv those long drags!
Jase.

Anonymous said...

Hey matey, just @ work checking on your progress. Good bike time, gotta be happy with that after the tales of alleged difficulty.
Hopefully your legs are still pounding the road OK as I type!
Enjoy your break afterwards, sounds like a nice place, wish I was there :o(

Rosey said...

cheers guys, will update with race report in the morning but love the support, speak soon and meet for a Sunday beer ;-)