Thursday, September 03, 2009

10 weeks training to Hawaii

From IMUK to Kona its 10 weeks, the plan is to do it this way,

1 week total rest - stock up lager levels and generally eat well
3 weeks of build back to a level where I can function at the right HR's again.
3 weeks of moderate volume with a bit of speed and intensity.
3 weeks normal taper.

Week 1 - well that is going to go well all day long, never got a problem drinking and eating, job well done

Week 2 - 6 hours
Week 3 - 9.5 hours
Week 4 - 8 hours

This was a bit like starting again after Xmas and New Year, sluggish and with mixed emotion, I know I have to get fit again as I have one final goal this year but I would normally have gone into post season meltdown. I enjoyed the riding but with the foot injury the rest off running is making it worse each time I go back to it as I want to run faster but have to resist.

In amongst all of this was work which entailed a major project on week 3 and working away each week for 2 days. Normally I would run while I am away but thats hard to do when you are trying to build one day and recover the next.

Week 4 had no Saturday training as we were at Wembley all day watching Warrington Wolves win the Carnegie Cup, however getting up on the Sunday after for a 3 hour ride just goes to prove how evil beer is lol !!

So we are now up to date and the next 6 weeks will be updated on a more regular basis with better info on training. I have decided to take 2 weeks off work over a 3 week period to train and recover full time, its more about getting the confidence in the longer rides than trying to gain much in this short space of time. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Son
Just keep on hanging in there - with you all the way - love to Kelly and Teya too :))
Dad and Gay