Friday, October 09, 2009

The road to Hawi - 3 days to go

Wednesday 7th October

Had a lie on today, no swim, still up at 6 to feed Teya but she slept all night so no reall issues there.

Came into town to chill out and have breakfast in Lava java with the family, still great to watch everyone, also gave me a chance to use the wifi to download the IMTalk Kona special - Day 1.

The main session today was the road to Hawi, there is a turn around 18 mile from the turnaround that starts to climb up to the village, this isn't as bad as it sounds, its mainly false flats with a bit of climbing but has a bit of respite as well. I went up with Glyn, the lad who finished in 5th at IMUK in my AG, we did a steady ride up using his power meter at 250 watts, everytime I pulled away he was giving me the 'speech' about how I was wasting matches I didn't have, and its right, he can see the immediate power usage and how it climbs to say 350 without thinking about it.

We averaged 20mph there and back, felt good and the hilly end of the course now isn't such a mind game.

To be honest now I am feeling a little better in my own mind, I still have a house full of ill people, Kelly has a cough, my mum and Roger are all feeling under the weather and aching muscles and I am getting paranoid about being in the same room, daft I know but I don't need the worry, its all psychosematic (sp) I am sure but hey, its my psycho ok !!

Then off to pick up the boys at the airport, they had all had a long journey, all looked like zombies, Phil tried to get in the wrong car at Walmart and Jase stood looking at his change for 5 mins deciding what he had been given, its a quarter Jase, lets go !!

Back to apartment, homemade Cottage Pie and bed, short one today as the lads are getting impatient and I need to get to the pasta party in a sec, speak soon

Til tomorrow.

1 comment:

Tom said...

Have a brilliant day tomorrow Nick... love every heartbeat!

Tom & Helen