Sunday, August 31, 2008

IMOO Countdown - 7 days to go ...

Well its Sunday the week before the race and lots of things to do this week.

1. Pick up bike box
2. Pick up disc
3. Pick up 808's
4. Book car hire
5. Ignore sore throat

Taper madness is a common ailment in IM triathletes and I am no different, after doing so many you would think I would feel differently but I suppose one day the ailments you get in the week before will still be there when you wake up on race day, not this time please.

Did my last longish bike, quick 2 hours, felt like cheating really, even stopped off on the way home with Phil for a brew at a butty van, very un-athlete-like but I just need to cut down on fat so stopping off for a brew isn't going to do any harm.

Thought for today, its just as well I have 18kg allowance for my hand luggage, I will need to top up in WHSmith on the other side to get enough water to stay hydrated for the 8 hour flight. Its not like they are going to give me free reign to a drinking tap on the plane, will they ?

Just got a text from Phil, swim at 7.30, I need to buy that man plenty of drinks when I get back, he is the only reason I am swimming at the moment, good swim partner to have.

No comments: